Running can be a great way to relieve stress and improve overall well-being, but it can also be tough. That’s why running quotes can be so helpful!
These 100 quotes will give you some inspiration, motivation, and advice to help you reach your running goals:
- Medals are not just earned on race day. They are earned on early mornings, humid afternoons, and holidays when you’d rather sleep in.
- Discipline is doing what needs to be done, even if you don’t want to do it.
- Even a bad run is better than a no run
- Run and become. Become and run. Run to succeed in the outer world. Become to proceed in the inner world. Sri Chinmoy
- Live, love, run
- “I don’t have time” is the grown-up version of “the dog ate my homework”
- Just keep running, just keep running…
- Running teaches me that I am capable of so much more than I ever imagined.
- Running is nothing more than a series of arguments between the part of your brain that wants to stop and the part that want to keep going.
- Get sleep, eat clean, drink water, exercise, repeat
- I can and I will
- When life throws you lemons, grab your running shoes.
- “Out on the roads, there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we we’re destined to be” George Sheehan
- Life is short, running makes it seem longer. Baron Hansen
- Real purpose of running isn’t to win a race, it’s to test the limits of the human heart. Bill Bowerman
- Run for a good cause: yourself.
- Run often. Run long. But never outrun your joy of running. Julie Isphording
- Run fast, run slow, run far, run close. Just run.
- Sometimes the best runs come on days you didn’t feel like running.
- Log off, shut down, go run.
- Run your own race
- You don’t have to go fast. You just have to go.
- Go fast enought to get there but slow enoght to see
- Run and be happy
- It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” Dr Seuss
- Keep your heap up, keep your heart strong. Shalane Flanagan
- “It’s supposed to be hard… the hard is what makes it great.”
- Don’t ask me why I run… Ask yourself why you don’t.
- If you want something you never had, you have to do something you’ve never done
- Look in the mirror, that’s your competition
- Without passion life is nothing
- “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard” Tim Notke
- You’re going into a season ehere you’re about to experience breakthrough after breakthrough because what your went through didn’t break you.
- Stop worryingg about what can go wrong, and get excited about what can go right.
- Do it for the people who want to see you fail
- It’s a slow process, but quitting won’t speed it up.
- Don’t let people¡s compliments get to your head and don’t let their criticism get your heart.
- Tell me I can’t, then whatch me work twice as hard to prove you wrong.
- Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you’ve ever been, to stand up taller than you ever were.
- Training doesn’t work unless you do.
- “A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.” Steve Prefontaine
- “The race always hurts. Expect it to hurt. You don’t train so it doesn’t hurt. You train so you can tolerate it.”
- I run because I am an animal. I run because it is part of my genetic wiring. I run because millions of years of evolution have left me programed to run. And, finally, I run because there’s no better way to see the sun rise and set. Amby Burkfoot
- It doesn’t get easier. You get stronger.
- “Never give up. Never let things out of your control dictate who you are.”
- Live, love, track.
- I think I get addicted to the feelings associated with the end of a long run. I love feeling empty, clean, worn out, and sweat-purged. I love the good ache of muscles that have done me proud.” Kristin Armstrong
- Head to the sky, back to the wind, feet to the ground, an I’m running again. “Runner’s Creed” by: Jonathon Prince
- Running through fat days.
Run despite whoever loves you or doesn’t.
Run trough regret and guilt.
Run trough frustations.
Run through lonliness.
Run through those blissful days.
Run despite your dysfunctional family.
Run through people drifting in and out of your life. Run through your own fits of self doubt.
I choose to be healthy, to grow stronger, to be as alive as I possibly can. Who’s with me?
- Running never takes more than it gives back. Believe in the run.
- “It ain’t about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward!”
- My shoes have more miles than your car.
- Your only limit is you.
- I run because somehow completely exhausting myself is the most relaxing part of my day.
- “A run begins the moment you forget you are running.”
- Start by doing what is neccessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you’re doing the impossible. Saint Francis of Assisi
- Sorry I can’t… I have to go to practice!
- Either you run the day, or the day runs you. Jim Rohn
- Sneakers tan, shorts tan, farmers tan: Runners problems.
- Respect your training, honor your commitment and celebrate your victory.
- Run with your legs to be fast, run with your mind to be faster, run with your heart to be unstoppable.
- Running is a gift where there is no finish line
- Always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will?
- Run brave, expect the pain, smile when it arrives!
- Today I will run what you will not so tomorrow I will run what you cannot.
- Great runners aren’t born they’re made.
- Impossible is nothing
- If you can’t stop thinking about it, never stop working for it.
- Champions are just dreamers who never gave up.
- When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
- Sweat, smile & repeat.
- One step at a time
- Be the runner that everyone looks up to
- “Run like hell and get agony over with”.
- Run in the morning before your brain figures out what you are doing.
- “If you want to run, run a mile. If you want to experience a different life, run a marathon.”
- Always run with a smile.
- “If you run, you are a runner. It doesn’t matter how fast or how far. It doesn’t matter if today is your first day or if you’ve been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.” John Bigham
- If you take only one thing from ultra running, let it be this: your future self that person at the finish line is worth enduring discomfort.
- If you trail and fail, congrats. Most people won’t even try.
- Run till I can’t run anymore. And then a little more.
- Everyday is a good day when you run.
- Runners just do it – they run for the finish line even if someonr else has reached it first.
- I don’t stop when I’m tired, I stop when I’m done.
- The most powerful tool you have to run long distance is your mind, and when you master it, the boundaries of your endurance disintegrate. Michael d’Aurelio